King Gates Wireless Keypad
Perfect for being able to operate the gate without the need to carry a remote. This keypad by KingGates will suit all KingGates model motors and is battery powered. Once programmed simply screw to the wall and the unit will operate wireless.
Frequency: 433.92 MHz
For compatible remotes for this keypad please Click Here
- Allows keyless entry and / or exit, by keying a secured combination code of numbers.
- Up to 3 different codes A, B, C, codes can be from 1 to 8 numbers
- Suitable for opening KingGates equipment. For other brands receiver required
- Designs to be installed up to 30 Meters from the gate motor (or Garage door, etc.).
- The unit is wireless, and battery powered.
- To be installed on walls, posts etc.
- Weatherproof for outdoor, and indoor installations - IP54
- Battery to last for about 24 month (with 10 operations per day).
- Battery is easy to replace by the user (requires some technical skills)
- Back light - by pressing a button for low light operation
How to use the unit
- Key-in your security code followed by the Letters A, or B, or C.
- 6 seconds allowed between each press of a button.
- Beep confirmation will be heard - see the table below.
BEEP MEANING SIGNALS
1 short beep - Confirms a key press.
1 long beep more than 6 seconds - try again form the beginning.
3 long beeps for code programing - Code have been successfully changed
With regular use - Battery low -replace the battery, you will hear the beeps with the new battery stalled correctly
5 short beeps - something went wrong, try again
Series of beeps over 2 sec - the batteries are exhausted and must be replaced
This unit does not require any special maintenance. Check it occasionally for spiderwebs, dust. wipe and clean wet cloth
All technical specifications stated herein refer to an ambient temperature of 20° C (± 5° C)
Replacing the battery (see figure on net page)
- Replace the battery every about 12 month, or when it dead. Please recycle the battery
- Remove the two screws at the bottom of the unit – Fig. A
- Extract out the buttons plastic part form the metal case – Fig. B
- Unscrew the battery cover with a coin and replace the battery
- Pay attention to the battery cover seal
- The positive poles (+) is facing you -Fig. 6
- Put new battery and close back the battery cover, screw with the coin- Fig.6
- Fit the plastic button unit back to the metal case – Fig. 7
- Screw the two bottom screws -Fig.8
Programming new security codes
Losing a code, or mistake with the codes, will totally damage the unit.
The manufacturer warranty does not cover for loss, or mistakes with codes.
Read and follow the instructions. If you are not sure, ask a technician to assist.
Claim of incorrect factory default codes will not be covered by warranty.
Check the default codes before doing the programming, read this instruction manual fully and make sure that you understand it.
Factory Default codes
This unit has up to 3 different opening codes. For the first time, use the factory default codes of the unit. The 3 codes, one for each of the letters. are:
11 for letter A
22 for letter B
33 for letter C
It is best to try to change Code C first
New coding procedure
- Choose a letter for your new security code
- Codes are usually 4 digits. optional 1 to 8 digits.
- You have 6 seconds between each press, if 6 seconds pass, you will start this procedure form the beginning
- Press and hold the “0” digit.
- While holding the “0” digit - press the letter you choose A or B or C and release it
- Release the “0” button
- Enter the old code linked to the letter
- Press the letter again
- Key-in the new code
- Press the letter
- Key-in the code again to verify
- Press the letter again
Example linking the code 2018 to the letter “C”
- Press and hold the zero (0) button
- While holding the (0) in one hand; Press and release the (C) with the other hand
- Release the “0” button
- Enter the code that is opening / activating your equipment. for new units use the default code – 3, 3,
- Press the letter (C)
- Enter the new code (1,2,3,4)
- Press (C) again
- Re-Enter the new code again (1,2,3,4)
- End of procedure
Pairing the keypad to the system control unit / receiver
- Do this procedure before installing the unit
- Make sure to have codes already programmed to the letters or minimum one code
- At the control unit / motor / receiver- press the button to allow programming
- Do a code (or codes for the letters A,B,C,
- Push the button on the equipment or wait 10 seconds
Installation of the unit
- Before installation check reception form the desired installation location
- Choose a flat surface for installation, chose the right high tot be comfort for adult and or children users
- Extract out the button plastic part form the metal case – Fig. 2
- Punch holes in the metal case for the screws to fit it to the wall/ post
- Fit the metal case of the unit to the wall / post with screws – Fig. 5
- Put the rectangle black rubber par to its place – Fig. 4
- Install the unit in the correct directions so the numbers and letters are facing up correctly- Fig. 5
- Fit the buttons part back to the case of the unit – Fig. 7
- Screw in the two screws at the bottom – Fig. 8